Buckley Associates and Price Industries recently hosted a sustainable technologies workshop for a group of engineering firms including RDK Engineers, BR+A Consulting Engineers, Cannon Design, and RW Sullivan Engineering.
The group participated in a roundtable discussion on various sustainable products including: active and passive beams, displacement ventilation and natural ventilation. These European-inspired technologies represent the future of commercial HVAC design in North America.
The workshop’s focus was to explore various design options and to help gain a better understanding of how to incorporate these elements into future projects. Through discussion and visual aids the participants were able to explore these innovative technologies giving them the confidence to push the envelope in future designs.
Cannon Design Thank You Letter
In this month's Buckdate, our team of product specialists have prepared articles with relevant technical data and product application information.
Greenheck Expands DOAS Offering
Greenheck has incorporated the option for both senisble and latent energy recovery which adds a total enthalphy wheel and powered exhaust fan to their model RV. Both the RV/RVe units are designed to handle 100% or high percentages of outside air. The model RVe is designed to handle up to 9,500 CFM and external statics to 3", with packaged DX or chilled water cooling options and indirect fired gas, electric heat or hot water heating options.
Greenheck has incorporated the option for both senisble and latent energy recovery which adds a total enthalphy wheel and powered exhaust fan to their model RV. Both the RV/RVe units are designed to handle 100% or high percentages of outside air. The model RVe is designed to handle up to 9,500 CFM and external statics to 3", with packaged DX or chilled water cooling options and indirect fired gas, electric heat or hot water heating options. The RVe features include: stainless enthalpy wheel housing, modulating hot gas reheat, digital scroll compressors, direct drive backward inclined plenum fans, mounted and wired fan VFD's, 2" double wall construction, Merv8/13 filter options, microprocessor based control with a number of BMS interface protocols. With a number of optional control sequences available, compact design, low operating weights and excellant lead times, Greenheck's model RV and now RVe offer the industry an excellant solution for those jobs requiring high percentages of outside air.
Greenheck RV/RVe Brochure
Ebtron Introduces Dampers with Integrated Air Flow Measurement
Do you have an appication where you require an outside air or a return air damper coupled with a highly accurate air flow station? Ebtron has combined their flow stations with Tamco dampers to create the Ebtron AIR-IQ.
This new product utilizes the quality, reliabilty and repeatability of the Ebtron Gold series along with the Tamco dampers to provide excelent control and air flow measurement.
- Combines all the Ebtron advantages with TAMCO’s dampers
- AMCA 500-D Leakage Class 1A or 1 (model-dependent)
- AMCA 511 Certified Performance Rating (Series 1500 only, with maximum leakage at 1.7 cfm/ft2 @ 1" WC and 3.7 cfm/ft2 @ 4" WC)
- Thermal Break design frame and airfoil blades, with thermally insulated blades for practical resistance to condensation and potential for freezing
- Salt Water corrosion resistance option with 0.7 mil anodized aluminum coating and type 316 stainless steel hardware (tested in accordance with ASTM B117)
- Dual Bearing design with self-sealing, self-lubricating and non-absorbent bearings and innovative slip-proof linkage design ensure maintenance-free operation and a 20+ year service life. - All-in-one package – greatly reduces installation errors & easy for engineers to specify - Performance - +/-5% of the reading accuracy at any damper position
Ebtron AIR-IQ Technical Data Sheet
Ebtron AIR-IQ Brochure
Buckley Goes Underground with Blue Duct from AQC
The Blue Duct is a complete engineered underground air duct system made from a durable, Eco-Friendly High Density Polyethylene. Blue Duct can be specified for several applications such as indoor pools, churches and schools. Most recently, Blue Duct is gaining popularity because of the emergence of Displacement Ventilation.
With the need for displacement diffusers to be located low in a room, the best way to supply air to these diffusers is with The BlueDuct underground ductwork. The Blue Duct is the first and only duct system specifically designed for underground application. It replaces problematic PVC-coated spiral and fiberglass duct. The features of The Blue Duct include:
- Inexpensive (cost competitive)
- Simple to Install
- Air and Watertight
- Inherently R-10 Insulated
- Resistant to Mold, Mildew and Radon
- Air pressure Testable
- Quick Availability
- Code-Compliant and can aid in 13 LEED Points
Typical applications where Blue Duct can be applied when specifying displacement ventilation: classrooms, auditoriums, high ceilings, cooling dominant rooms, high occupancy rooms, cubicles, dirty environments such as casinos, and commercial kitchens.
The Blue Duct Website
Blue Duct Video Overview
Benefits of The Blue Duct verses PVC-Coated Spiral
Case Study - Displacement with Underground Duct
|Don't Open Your Window - It appears that this energy recovery unit was positioned in such as way that the exhaust air is pretty close to the building's exterior window.
Send Us Your Feedback or your own wall of shame photos.
- October 2011
Lab Exhaust with SAVVE Technology, Constant Volume verses Parallel Flow VAV Boxes, American Aldes Recovery Technology
- June 2011
DV Room Designer, DV Approved for use in patient rooms, Greenheck Introduces RV/RVe, Noise Control with Air Flow Measurement
- Previous Months
Product Specialist for:
• Price Air Distribution,
Displacement Ventilation, Under Floor, and VAV Boxes
• Price Critical Environments, Operating Room Suites, Clean Room
• Price Chilled Beams and Radiant Ceiling Systems
• Price Noise Control
Product Specialist for:
• Greenheck Laboratory Exhaust, Energy Recovery and Make-Up Air
• Greenheck and Price Fan Coils
• Environmental Air Systems Custom
• Energy Labs Custom Air Handlers
• Trion Kitchen Exhaust Systems
• Greenheck Fin Tube Coils
• Herrmidifier Humidification Systems
Product Specialist for:
• Ebtron Thermal Dispersion Air Flow Measurement
• Cerus Starters
• Danfoss Variable Frequency Drives
• TSI Hospital Room Pressure and Laboratory Fume Hood Controls
• Toxalert Gas Detection Products
• Tjernlund Combustion Air Products